The Zetasizer Nano ZSP is the world’s highest performance system and particularly suitable for the characterization of proteins and nanoparticles where the highest sensitivity for size and zeta potential measurement is required. It includes a Protein Measurement option for protein mobility measurements.
The system incorporates a two angle particle and molecular size analyzer for the enhanced detection of aggregates and measurement of small or dilute samples, and samples at very low or high concentration using dynamic light scattering with ‘NIBS’ optics. The ZSP also incorporates a zeta potential analyzer that uses electrophoretic light scattering for particles, molecules and surfaces, and a molecular weight analyzer using static light scattering.
Using Non-Invasive Backscatter optics (NIBS) it has significantly better performance than systems using 90 degree scattering optics.
In addition, a microrheology option is available for measuring sample viscosity and viscoelastic properties.
The flow mode option enables the system to be connected to an SEC or an FFF system to use as a detector for the size of proteins or nanoparticles.
A choice of cuvettes are available, from disposable single-use to specific cells for viscous or high concentration samples or measuring the zeta potential of surfaces.
Particle and molecule size, translational diffusion, electrophoretic mobility, zeta potential of particles at high and low concentrations, viscosity and viscoelasticity of protein and polymer solutions, concentration, MW, A2, kD.
An optional accessory enables measurement of the zeta potential of solid surfaces.
• Exceptional sensitivity for the zeta potential measurement of proteins and nanoparticles using patented M3-PALS.
• Size measurement from 0.3nm (diameter) to 10 microns using patented NIBS (Non-Invasive Back Scatter) technology.
• Zeta potential of surfaces using accessory cell.
• Molecular weight measurement down to 980Da.
• Microrheology option to measure viscosity and viscoelasticity.
• Outstanding protein size measurement sensitivity, 0.1mg/mL (Lysozyme).
• Sample concentrations from 0.1ppm to 40%w/v.
• Built-in protein calculators, including protein charge, A2, kD, and molecular conformation.
• A ‘Quality Factor’ and ‘Expert Advice System’ gives the confidence of having an expert at your shoulder.
• 21CFR part 11 software option to enable compliance with ER/ES.
• Research software option to give access to further features and analysis algorithms for the light scattering specialist.
• Automation of measurements using an autotitrator option.
• Chromatography detector capability to enable use as a size detector with GPC / SEC or FFF.
• Optical filter option to improve measurements with fluorescent samples.